About Us

What to Do When Your Bank Employer is Not Paying You Wages

Some employers have bad records for paying employees. Banks and mortgage companies are employers who often fail to legally pay employees all wages to which they are legally entitled.

Banks and mortgage companies use many different ways to illegally refuse to pay wages to employees. First, banks and mortgage companies work employees off the clock by working employees before they clock in and after they clock out at the office. It is also illegal for these employers to require employees to take work home without clocking this work time into the timekeeping system for payment. Second, banks and mortgage companies often misclassify employees as salary, exempt employees and do not pay them overtime. Some examples of common misclassified employees including personal bankers, mortgage loan officers, assistant managers, and underwriters. Third, banks and mortgage companies use illegal draw against commission pay plans to avoid paying overtime. These pay plans are very complicated, often recapture paid overtime, and require employment lawyer review. Fourth, banks and mortgage companies often require employees to enter in forty (40) hours per week no matter how many hours employees work per week. This is illegal.

Recovering Owed Wages

If your employer is not paying you your full wages, the first thing you need to do is contact your employer if you feel comfortable doing so. You can contact your immediate supervisor, payroll, or management to try to determine why your employer failed to pay you all wages due you.

You can also ask your co-workers if they received all their wages. It is easier to establish your case and the employer is more likely to take the case more seriously if you can establish that the employer likewise failed to pay other employees.

It is also helpful for your case if you have a record of all the hours you are owed and any other expenses that may be involved. Thus, you should keep a written record of the hours you are actually working. You, however, do not need to have a written record of hours worked to bring a case.

File A Complaint

You can let your bank employer know you are filing a complaint if you are comfortable doing so. This may spur the employer into action and get your money. If not, you should file an official complaint with the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division or your state labor department. It often takes much longer to recover wages through Wage and Hour, or the state labor department.

Seek Legal Advice

You can also contact an employment lawyer. You can sue for the wages that are owed, plus you may also be entitled to other types of compensation, in addition to your unpaid wages.

Many employment lawyers offer a free consultation, and will often include their fee in the lawsuit compensation. It is not your fault that you are being forced to sue for the money that you are owed.

Employment Lawyers

Do not waste your time waiting for your bank employer to do the right thing. You are legally entitled to payment of all wages you have earned for every hour you work. Contact Rowdy Meeks Legal Group LLC for advice on how you can get your money your employer owes you. Rowdy Meeks Legal Group LLC has successfully brought cases against large and small bank and mortgage companies to recover unpaid wages.