It helps to prepare yourself as much as possible when you seek professional services, including while working with an employment lawyer. We want to show you how to prepare for a meeting with your employment rights lawyer, and explain what they can do to help settle unpaid wages, workplace discrimination, and other employment issues.
Advantages of Working With an Employment Lawyer
There are numerous advantages to hiring a good employment lawyer. While there are many attorneys in America representing corporate interests, employment lawyers balance the equation by advocating for everyday employees. This is incredibly important if you’re a hard-working American who has suffered workplace harassment, missed out on overtime wages, or had a boss retaliate against you over a past disagreement.
Employment lawyers advise clients of their job rights and go to bat for them if a dispute has to go to court. There are a plethora of reasons they may need to do that since these problems happen every day all over the country.
Workplace Disputes that an Employment Lawyer Can Help Resolve
These are the issues that an attorney, like Rowdy Meeks Legal Group LLC, can help you resolve.
- Job Misclassifications (especially the ones that rip you off, causing you to lose wages)
- Supervisor Abuse of Automatic Time Clocks (resulting in egregious paycheck errors)
- Lost Wages and Lost Overtime Premiums
- Discrimination Based on Protected Statuses (i.e., race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, veteran status)
- Workers’ Compensation Problems
- Other Forms Of Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Abuse
- Many Other Wage Claims (including helping you file complaints)
Never forget that these issues aren’t just minor errors or poor judgments. They’re against the law and require significant restitution.
Preparing for Your Initial Consultation
Chances are you’re already experiencing a conflict with your employer, and that’s why you’re visiting this website. Fortunately, you’re in the right place. If you have a dispute, then you should consider following these steps before setting an initial consultation with us:
- Write a detailed timeline of what has led to the dispute. This is a great time to brainstorm as many details as you can recall and get them on paper for your employment lawyer. It should include the name of your supervisor, a description of the dispute (what you think was illegal), an official complaint (if applicable), your perceived standing with the company, and any proof that you were treated differently from other employees. Also, if it involves unpaid wages, don’t forget to collect your pay stubs, bank statements, and other evidence of the discrepancy.
- Make a list of witnesses who can corroborate the evidence for your claim. For example, if a coworker saw you experience harassment, get them to write a statement about it for you.
- Gather all relevant employment documents that show how long you’ve worked there. This should include written and email correspondence, disciplinary write-ups, and performance evaluations.
- Finally, when you’ve done your best to collect evidence, contact us to find out what to do next.
Working With an Employment Lawyer Like Rowdy Meeks Legal Group LLC
Rowdy Meeks Legal Group LLC represents employees throughout the United States in wage disputes. We welcome the opportunity to provide you with an initial consultation about your wage case. This will determine if we will take your case.
You should contact the Rowdy Meeks Legal Group LLC today if you believe your employer is not paying you all wages including overtime you have earned.